Thursday, May 9, 2013

Eau de Truck Nutz

I almost got t-boned today by a huge F150 truck with Truck Nutz. The ingrate bastard had the gall to honk and then scowl at me because, I don't know, he was mad that he was the one that ran a stop sign?

The incident took up all of 3 seconds of my day, but I fixated on the near-hit for nearly 15 minutes. I was murderous.

It wasn't until I had to actively wrested my attention away from the Truck Nutz almost-incident that I was finally able to let it go. For some reason, always remembering that even the most offensive, brutish, hate-deserving, mean, dickless idiot is still, impossibly, somebody's son. Some woman, some man, or maybe some couple raised this person - regardless, this cretin was a child to somebody, and no matter how much I want to forcefully lodge his own Truck Nutz down his throat, somebody in this world would miss him.

It sucks, but it's true.

That asshole is important to somebody out there. And that somebody, or somebodies, would miss him.

I wasn't ever in any danger of going full-on berserk and actually hurting this guy - hell, I didn't even so much as yell back at him. But upon remembering that he's adored by some parent or wife or child in this world, it was a real bummer.

This must be why victims always say they have a family at home when pleading with their captors, to appeal to an understanding that life and the world and everything goes way beyond whatever gory outcome might be about to happen.

It seems like the biggest cinematic cliche, but that sort of shit would totally work on me. It'd work on me in a heartbeat. As angry as I may get, and as much as impassioned and justified I might feel to beat Truck Nutz to death with his own Truck Nutz, one reminder that this person is somebody's mother/daughter/father/son/husband/wife/etc, and I totally lose any resolve for wickedness.

And then I'm stuck in a moment of wonderment, trying to understand how anybody really follows through with violence without being crushed by the awareness of what they've just taken away from the friends/family of their target.

No comments:

Post a Comment